I have a playlist on my Spotify that currently consists of 1700 songs… safe to say that I am far from organised as it is a mix and match of EVERYTHING. I’m talking The Smiths in their darkest of phases to ‘Hotline Bling’. But recently I’ve been trying to sort it into smaller playlists, everyone needs their own R & B/ hip hop classics folder, right?
It’s full of those songs that one of your mates will whip out during pre-drinks which everyone screams about, getting you all up dancing, spurring you all on to become more ‘para’. The best kind really.
So here’s my 10 most favourite urban classics at the moment ( Youtube links included), knock yourself out and give them a listen. You won’t regret it…
- 21 Questions – 50 Cent ft. Nate Dogg
- What’s Luv – Fat Joe ft. Ashanti
- Breathe – Blu Cantrell ft. Sean Paul
- Hey Ma – Cam’ron ft. Juelz Santana
- Mesmerize – Ja Rule ft. Ashanti
- The Way You Move – Outkast ft. Sleepy Brown
- Let me blow your mind – Eve ft. Gwen Stefani
- All Falls Down – Kanye West ft. Syleena Johnson
- Trick me – Kelis
- Let me love you – Mario